- Date: Wed 3rd Apr 2019
- Price: £35.00
- 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Tickets are no longer available for this event
Learn why and how trauma affects the way we learn and master finer motor skills such as handwriting, what sub -skills make up the skill of handwriting and develop your knowledge of strategies and tips to help handwriting skills to improve.
Who this course is for
This seminar is for parents, primary age teachers and teaching assistants. All materials and refreshments will be provided.
Please be aware that we are not able to offer clinical advice about individual children during this training workshop
- Learn how the three aspects of brain development affect skill formation.
- Understand how posture affects the ability to write fluently
- Reflect on what deficits may be impacting your child’s handwriting difficulties.
- Learn how to provide early interventions and basic modifications to the environment to help promote handwriting development.
- Gain knowledge of when to seek help with handwriting difficulties
About the trainer
Ruth Stephens is our paediatric occupational therapist team lead and has been working as an OT with children for many years. She has noticed how often handwriting can be impaired when a child has had a difficult start to life. She has run handwriting groups and therapy sessions with many individuals and seen progress and confidence in their hand-writing. Ruth has done training in Sensory Integration, Sensory Attachment Intervention and Theraplay.
Please note that lunch will not be provided.
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
Terms and Conditions
Courses are refundable up to 30 days prior to the date of the course. Any cancellation with less than 30 days notice are NON-REFUNDABLE. You may send a substitute delegate providing s/he meets the course criteria. We reserve the right to cancel the course date, in this case we will notify you by email as early as possible, and advise you of an alternative date or provide you with a full refund. In the event of a course cancellation under 7 days’ notice, a new course date or refund will be organised for you. Under no circumstances are Beacon House are liable for any travel expenses, childcare, potential loss of income or any associated costs.