Food Frenzy Seminar
Trainers: Ruth Stephens
- Date: Wed 18th Sep 2019
- Price: £10.00
- 10.30am - 12pm
- Tickets are no longer available for this event
Is your child a picky eater? Do they struggle to mix their foods on the plate? Are they slow to eat? This seminar run by an occupational therapist will look at:
- Why some children have eating difficulties and how food difficulties emerge
- The influences of trauma on eating
- Sensory disturbances and eating
- Overcoming sensory motor challenges to eating
Who this course is for
This workshop is suitable for all parents who have children with eating difficulties. All materials and refreshments will be provided.
Please be aware that we are not able to offer clinical advice about individual children during this training workshop
- Learn how to unpack why a child has food difficulties
- Learn simple steps to overcoming sensory eating difficulties
- Getting creative and practical ideas to make mealtimes fun and more relaxed
About the trainer
Ruth Stephens is our paediatric occupational therapist team lead and has been working as an OT with children for many years. She is an adoptive parent and has specific training on eating issues. Ruth has done training in Sensory Integration, Sensory Attachment Intervention and Theraplay.
Please note that lunch will not be provided.
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
Terms and Conditions
Courses are refundable up to 30 days prior to the date of the course. Any cancellation with less than 30 days notice are NON-REFUNDABLE. You may send a substitute delegate providing s/he meets the course criteria. We reserve the right to cancel the course date, in this case we will notify you by email as early as possible, and advise you of an alternative date or provide you with a full refund. In the event of a course cancellation under 7 days’ notice, a new course date or refund will be organised for you. Under no circumstances are Beacon House are liable for any travel expenses, childcare, potential loss of income or any associated costs.